Happy Labor Day! Let’s take a minute to appreciate our skin today, which works so hard to keep us pretty. ;)
This is a mask you can easily whip up in seconds. At the core of it is one green tea bag (dry, not steeped!) and one tablespoon of baking soda. Rip open the tea bags and mix with the baking soda, then store this mixture in an airtight container. When you’re ready to use the mask, take one teaspoon of the dry mixture and combine with one teaspoon of the following, depending on your skin type:
- water – for oily skin
- milk – for normal/combination skin
- olive oil – for dry skin
- honey – for all skin types; raw honey is a great humectant (it rehydrates skin by drawing on moisture from the air).
I like to think of this as a “choose your own adventure” mask. Remember those books? I always seemed to choose poorly. Lucky, you can’t do that with this mask because no matter which liquid you choose to mix in, your skin is still going to be exfoliated. Win!
- Wash your face with your favorite cleanser.
- Mix up the mask according to your skin type above.
- Spread the mixture on your face with your fingertips and gently rub into the skin for 30-60 seconds.
- Leave on for 5-10 minutes, then rinse off.
- Follow up with your favorite toner (have you tried mine?) and moisturizer.