Hello, I’m Sami and I have a tea addiction. Black, green, white, oolong, herbal… you name it, I’ve got it. I drink it straight or make chai lattes in the winter and matcha green tea ice cream in the summer. Studies have shown antioxidant-rich teas can help prevent a boatload of health issues from cancers to heart disease, and they have some pretty great beauty benefits too!
1. Reduces puffiness. Don’t have cucumber slices handy? You can use leftover green tea bags (chilled) for the same eye de-puffing effect.
2. Revives tired skin. The natural catechins (antioxidants with killer free radical-fighting powers) found in green tea promote healthy cell turnover to restore UV damaged or dying skill cells.
3. Prevents wrinkles. In addition to revitalizing skin cells, catechins also prevent cell damage before it begins by blocking enzymes that cause skin wrinkling.
4. Tightens pores. Apply cold green tea to your face with a cotton ball (or a spritzer) to shrink large pores and give your skin a healthy glow.
5. Toner. Green tea on its own makes an excellent toner because it tightens pores (see above), moisturizes, and provides an antioxidant boost. That’s why green tea extract is an essential ingredient in my Rose & Tea Facial Toner.
Available in 4oz or 8oz, my Green Tea Salt Scrub combines green tea extract and matcha powder as a powerful antioxidizing and anti-aging duo. Paired with Dead Sea and Epsom salts, this lightly scented scrub exfoliates and remineralizes skin and soothes eczema. When used on the face, it tightens pores and diminishes puffiness and redness.