1. Soothes Sunburn. It’s no secret that aloe vera gel is amazing at healing sunburn. Most of us keep it stocked in our home for just this reason. (We had bottles of it in my bathroom growing up. My Nana — whose name was Vera — would see the bottles and pretend they were saying “hello” to her. ;) However, many drugstore Aloe Vera Gels are full of toxic chemical preservatives because real Aloe Vera Leaf Juice is very fragile and readily grows bacteria. So, I make my own After-Sun Aloe Spray and stick it in the fridge. If you’d prefer to buy rather than DIY, I recommend this stuff.
2. Balances pH. Our diet or beauty products can throw our natural pH level out of whack, but Aloe can help set it straight. This is why I include pure Aloe Vera Leaf Juice in my Rose + Tea Facial Toner. Using toner is a crucial part of my daily beauty routine because it balances my skin’s pH level after using face wash.
3. Moisturizes. Did you know Aloe absorbs into the skin four times faster than water? Yep! This makes it an incredible moisturizer for hair and skin, which is why I include it in my Rose + Sea Salt Hairspray and my Rose + Tea Facial Toner.
4. Heals & Prevents Acne. Aloe’s antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make it a great natural ingredient to use on acne-prone skin. Another reason it’s in my Rose + Tea Facial Toner!
5. Prevents Dandruff. By soothing, balancing, and moisturizing our scalp and hair, Aloe helps prevent dandruff and hair loss. I’ve added it to my Rose + Sea Salt Hairspray to counteract the drying effect of salt.
Want to make your own soothing after-sun spray with Aloe? Check out my tutorial!