I’m a lover of teen angst/bitchy girl movies (Mean Girls, The Heathers, etc), musicals, Rebel Wilson, and Elizabeth Banks, so Pitch Perfect is right up my alley. I’ve been rocking out to the soundtrack and trying to rap in the shower all week (not pretty). Wednesday night, my Mom, Suzi, Scarlett and I saw Pitch Perfect 2and it was aca-awesome! Even better than the first! I won’t talk about all of my favorite moments because I don’t want to ruin the magic. BUT I can share with you some exclusive behind-the-scenes content, courtesy of PP2 sponsor Schick®:
If you haven’t seen the movie yet, do it! I’m seeing it again with Stan this weekend as part of my usual week-long birthday celebration. ;)
You can also grab Pitch Perfect 2 Limited Edition Shave products at your local drug and grocery stores for the ultimate singing-in-the-shower experience. They’re part of my skirt season beauty essentials. All Pitch Perfect 2 Limited Edition Shave products will be available beginning April 2015 at drug and grocery stores nationwide.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Schick®. The opinions and text are all mine. Can’t get enough a cappella awesomeness? Check out the Schick® Rock Your Legs YouTube channel and show your support for more aca-awesome college a cappella groups!
After a few rainy days in April, spring seems to have passed right by, and we’ve been launched into an early summer. (We’ve had at least four 80º days in Connecticut the past week!) This is just fine by me because I get to break out my skirts and shorts! I love my legs and I love showing them off, so I’m psyched to team up with Schick® and Skintimate® during their Rock Your Legs promotion to celebrate the steps we take every day as women.
When skirt season rolls around, I’m happy to make my razor work double-time. Honestly, shaving is relaxing for me. I don’t mind spending a little extra time in the shower or bath because when I get out, I’m putting my best leg forward. ;)
Here’s what I’m using to have smooth, confident legs all summer:
1. Skintimate® Strawberry Tangerine Twist® Women’s Shave Gel. This smells incredible! It smells like strawberry Kool-Aid, freshly squeezed orange juice, and Japanese gummy candies all rolled into one. You don’t need much and it leaves your legs feeling super smooth and smelling wonderful.
2. Schick Hydro Silk® Disposables. I like my razors without (too many) frills. As of late, I’ve mostly used Stan’s leftover Dollar Shave Club razors because I’m too lazy (and cheap) to buy my own. But this little lady is pretty awesome. It’s got five blades surrounded by a water-activated moisturizing serum made with shea butter. It curves gently and pivots in a way Stan’s razor doesn’t, plus it has a grippy handle and a cap that isn’t terrifying to put on. Seriously, does anyone else feel like they’re going to slice their fingers off any time they replace the cap on a disposable razor? Well anyway, this one has a nice, non-scary, easy-to-slip-on cap.
3. The Naked Bee Vitamin C Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 30. I’m a mix of Danish, Swedish, Irish, Italian, and a tiny bit Native American, but my legs scream 100% Scandinavian. As soon as sunlight hits them, they start to burn. So I have to make sure I’m wearing sunscreen in the summer. This is the only one I’ll use because it’s non-toxic, doesn’t leave white streaks like most natural sunscreens, absorbs well, isn’t greasy, and smells amazing. In short: it’s perfect.
Schick also sent me a few other razors to test out — a Schick Intuition Revitalizing Moisture Razor (left, orange) and their new Schick Hydrosilk TrimStyle. I’ve used (and loved!) the Schick Intuition before, which has 4 blades surrounded by soap so it lathers while you shave, eliminating the need for shaving cream. For this reason, it’s great for traveling. The Schick Hydrosilk TrimStyle is also pretty sweet — it’s got a regular razor on one end and a bikini trimmer on the other. As I said before, I tend to prefer no-frills razors, but I know this will come in handy once our pool opens up.
So whether you’re doing a few tree poses in yoga class (or in the backyard), dancing the night away, soaking in some sun, or simply sitting in the grass taking photos of your legs and getting weird looks from your neighbors (that’s me!), rock your legs this summer and always. Stand tall, girl!
How will you #rockyourlegs?
P.S. Schick is sponsoring Pitch Perfect 2, which I can’t wait to see! There are so many hilarious rockin’ women in that movie. Schick is currently running a promotion with Ahold (Stop & Shop, Giant, and Martin’s) for a FREE movie ticket to see Pitch Perfect 2. Just purchase two Schick women’s shave items ($10 minimum value), and you’ll receive a print out at the register to redeem a code for your free movie ticket. The promotion runs through May 23, 2015.
All Pitch Perfect 2 Limited Edition Shave products will be available beginning April 2015 at drug and grocery stores nationwide.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Schick® . The opinions and text are all mine.
Hello readers! Stan here, with a few ideas about what to get your male significant other for the upcoming holiday of looove. It’s only 10 days away!
1. Sam’s Natural bath & body products. Sami gifted me the Simple Start Hygiene Bundle from Sam’s Natural, and I use it regularly, especially the Slick Shave Soap and After Shave. They provide a much more comfortable shave than any store products I’ve tried, and the aftershave smells great and moisturizes well. It’s nice to receive a gift that I enjoy using. Plus, they use all-natural ingredients, so I know I’m not putting garbage into my body.
2. Dollar Shave Club membership. Dollar Shave Club allows your guy to receive a fresh shipment of shaving razors every month so he doesn’t have to spend a fortune on them in-store. There are several blade types to choose from and you get a free handle with your first shipment. To top it off, he’ll get an ego-boosting postcard with each month’s razors. Also, their ad is hilarious:
3. Sun Jar. A sun jar is a frosted glass jar with a light inside of it. It’s powered by a battery connected to a solar panel. During the day, you leave it in bright sunlight to charge up and at night, it produces hours of soft lighting. It makes for a less practical gift but is interesting, inexpensive, and unusual.
4. iPad smart case. If your guy has an iPad and hasn’t tried out the Apple Smart Case for it, I strongly recommend it. The “Smart Cover” only protects the front and leaves you carefully placing your iPad down to avoid scratches. The Smart Case lets you close it up like a book and toss it in the passenger seat or in a backpack and not worry about it.
5. Electric tea kettle. These will boil a cup or two of water in about a minute — great if he’s just looking to drink some tea and not engage in a lengthy ritual every time. As a guy who enjoys hot beverages, I was very happy to receive one of these as a gift!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which may generate a revenue for Poor & Pretty when a purchase is made. You can read more about my affiliate link policies here.