I’m gearing up for The Hello Sessions in Portland this Friday — I can’t wait! It’s the first blog conference I’m attending in-person, so I’m pretty excited/nervous. I have a feeling I will be spending a good portion of tomorrow night packing, but here are some of the essentials (besides underwear) I’m bringing:
1. The perfect notebook. I love notebooks! I have so many unique ones, all filled with teenage angst and creative ideas. But this? This is the perfect notebook for creative conferences. It’s pretty, spiral bound (so you can slip a pen into it), and has a pocket (for all those business cards you’ll be collecting)! And, like everything ban.do makes, it has a sweet surprise in the way of a colorful yellow spread that reads: “Your face is like sunshine.” Get it: Ban.do Rough Draft Spiral Notebook.
2. My favorite pens. I’m pretty particular about my pens — I like colorful, smooth, ballpoint pens, preferably with a rubber grip — and these are my favorites. The hot pink is my go-to, of course! Get ‘em: Paper Make InkJoy Retractable Ballpoint Pens, 24 Pack of Assorted Colors.
3. Backup juice. I plan on doing a lot of Instagramming and Tweeting during my trip to Portland, so I know I’ll need an extra charge for my phone. This tiny power bank is about the size of a lipstick and holds an estimated 1.2 additional charges for the iPhone. It’s got just about 3,000 reviews on Amazon, and a 4.5 star rating. Oh, and it’s pink! ;) Get it: RavPower Portable Charger 3200mAh Power Bank.
4. LOTS of business cards. I ordered more business cards just for this! My goal is to run out again. :)
5. A bag to fit it all in. With all this stuff, you’re gonna need a bag to carry it all! I’ve been eyeing the Camp Director Tote for a while now — it’s pretty roomy, and will even hold a 15″ laptop. Get it: Camp Director Tote via ModCloth.
7. Layers! Ever have that problem where you show up to an event in a sleeveless dress, only to discover it’s FRIGID inside? I definitely have! So now I pack layers, and J.Crew’s Jackie Cardi is one of my faves. Get it: Jackie Cardigan Sweater via J.Crew.
8. Cute-but-also-comfy shoes. The only thing worse than be freezing all day because you forgot to pack layers, is getting blisters from those shoes you bought just for the event that ended up murdering your feet. So go with something pretty, but also comfortable. Get it: In a Classic of Its Own Heel via ModCloth.
Did I leave anything out? Have you been to any awesome creative/blog conferences lately? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!