I’ve got an interesting collection of recently acquired things on my Friday Faves list today!
1. Kivik loveseat from Ikea. Unfortunately, they don’t have the red cover offered online, so if you’re digging it, call your store ahead of time to see if they carry it. I bought mine at the store in New Haven, CT. My Dad & I picked it up yesterday and Stan & I assembled it last night. It’s a bit stiff out of the box, but Jill and I tested all of the couches and decided this was the most comfy for my budget. The popular Klippan one, with all of its awesome changeable covers? Super uncomfortable.
2. Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Creme by Burt’s Bees. My previous favorite cleanser from Neutrogena was starting to dry out my skin, so I thought I’d give this one a try. It’s made almost entirely from natural ingredients and penetrates deep into your skin to remove dirt & oils without drying it out. Plus it smells amazing and tingles so you know it’s working! Definitely my new fave.
3. Buffy exfoliating body butter bar by LUSH Cosmetics. Yes, I admit, part of my initial attraction to this body butter bar was caused by my obsession with the TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer. But, for more practical reasons, I wanted to try it out to have a good body exfoliator other than sugar scrub. One of the salespeople in the Danbury mall LUSH tested it out on me and it left my skin silky smooth, so I nabbed one, then talked about Buffy with them for about half an hour.
4. Angelfish slip-on boat shoes by Sperry Top-Sider. My Auntie Kathy bought these for my birthday. They are probably the most comfortable pair of shoes I own. I was a little afraid that I was going to look like a total prepster wearing them, but I’ve been assured that they don’t cramp my funky style. I wear them with and without socks and they are equally comfortable and don’t make your feet smell.
5. Maddie Pushup Bra in hot pink by Aerie. As I described in my cheeky Pinterest comment, this bra is totally my new breast friend. I have small boobs, so it’s really hard for me to find a comfortable, well-fitting bra. It turns out that Aerie makes bras for people like me! So, if you’re having trouble finding a good bra in Victoria’s Secret, try Aerie. They’re way less expensive, too.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which may generate a revenue for Poor & Pretty when a purchase is made. You can read more about my affiliate link policies here.