Tomorrow, I’m heading to Rhode Island for a week with my family and I am jazzed. I haven’t had a lounge-around-lay-on-the-beach-for-a-week vacation in two years (not since Mexico), so I’m overdue. So I’m throwing confetti all around (thanks to The Confetti Bar)!
I’m planning on reading A LOT. I have an unrealistic stack of books I’m planning on bringing. And guys, I’m really digging this outfit.
And I’m making super weird faces at you.
… Yeah, it’s time for me to go on vacation. But here’s a confetti kiss before I go:
Yesterday was amazing. I took the day off from work (today too) to work on some personal projects + goals and I was SO PRODUCTIVE. Possibly more productive than I’ve ever been in my life.
First thing in the morning, I packaged and shipped a few Apothecary orders. Then, I hauled about half my closet to The Confetti Bar and took a bunch of outfit photos in Jessica’s brightly-lit, magical, confetti-filled studio. We chatted about being entrepreneurs and collaborating while I flew through my wardrobe.
Waiting on the doorstep for me when I got home was a box of Baked By Melissa‘s mini cupcakes (my favorites). Stan had ordered them for me, just because. I am a lucky lady! :) I ate them while tackling some blogging and freelance work for Vintanthromodern.
It was a good day! I’m aiming to be just as productive (if not more) today. Tomorrow will be a day of relaxation. ;) How’s your summer going?
After a few rainy days in April, spring seems to have passed right by, and we’ve been launched into an early summer. (We’ve had at least four 80º days in Connecticut the past week!) This is just fine by me because I get to break out my skirts and shorts! I love my legs and I love showing them off, so I’m psyched to team up with Schick® and Skintimate® during their Rock Your Legs promotion to celebrate the steps we take every day as women.
When skirt season rolls around, I’m happy to make my razor work double-time. Honestly, shaving is relaxing for me. I don’t mind spending a little extra time in the shower or bath because when I get out, I’m putting my best leg forward. ;)
Here’s what I’m using to have smooth, confident legs all summer:
1. Skintimate® Strawberry Tangerine Twist® Women’s Shave Gel. This smells incredible! It smells like strawberry Kool-Aid, freshly squeezed orange juice, and Japanese gummy candies all rolled into one. You don’t need much and it leaves your legs feeling super smooth and smelling wonderful.
2. Schick Hydro Silk® Disposables. I like my razors without (too many) frills. As of late, I’ve mostly used Stan’s leftover Dollar Shave Club razors because I’m too lazy (and cheap) to buy my own. But this little lady is pretty awesome. It’s got five blades surrounded by a water-activated moisturizing serum made with shea butter. It curves gently and pivots in a way Stan’s razor doesn’t, plus it has a grippy handle and a cap that isn’t terrifying to put on. Seriously, does anyone else feel like they’re going to slice their fingers off any time they replace the cap on a disposable razor? Well anyway, this one has a nice, non-scary, easy-to-slip-on cap.
3. The Naked Bee Vitamin C Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 30. I’m a mix of Danish, Swedish, Irish, Italian, and a tiny bit Native American, but my legs scream 100% Scandinavian. As soon as sunlight hits them, they start to burn. So I have to make sure I’m wearing sunscreen in the summer. This is the only one I’ll use because it’s non-toxic, doesn’t leave white streaks like most natural sunscreens, absorbs well, isn’t greasy, and smells amazing. In short: it’s perfect.
Schick also sent me a few other razors to test out — a Schick Intuition Revitalizing Moisture Razor (left, orange) and their new Schick Hydrosilk TrimStyle. I’ve used (and loved!) the Schick Intuition before, which has 4 blades surrounded by soap so it lathers while you shave, eliminating the need for shaving cream. For this reason, it’s great for traveling. The Schick Hydrosilk TrimStyle is also pretty sweet — it’s got a regular razor on one end and a bikini trimmer on the other. As I said before, I tend to prefer no-frills razors, but I know this will come in handy once our pool opens up.
So whether you’re doing a few tree poses in yoga class (or in the backyard), dancing the night away, soaking in some sun, or simply sitting in the grass taking photos of your legs and getting weird looks from your neighbors (that’s me!), rock your legs this summer and always. Stand tall, girl!
How will you #rockyourlegs?
P.S. Schick is sponsoring Pitch Perfect 2, which I can’t wait to see! There are so many hilarious rockin’ women in that movie. Schick is currently running a promotion with Ahold (Stop & Shop, Giant, and Martin’s) for a FREE movie ticket to see Pitch Perfect 2. Just purchase two Schick women’s shave items ($10 minimum value), and you’ll receive a print out at the register to redeem a code for your free movie ticket. The promotion runs through May 23, 2015.
All Pitch Perfect 2 Limited Edition Shave products will be available beginning April 2015 at drug and grocery stores nationwide.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Schick® . The opinions and text are all mine.
9. Tip Toe-ing Tulips. Okay, maybe their aren’t any actual tulips on these shoes, but I’m trying to be clever here, folks. Either way, these floral heels are toe-tally perfect for garden parties. // Floral Heels via Ruche.
10. What’s your agenda? I can’t even put into words how awesome ban.do’s large floral agenda is. It’s got fun doodles, pockets, stickers, color-coded month tabs… Pretty much the exact thing I need to get myself organized. (I do have a birthday coming up… ;) // Florabunda Agenda via ban.do
How will you wear florals this spring?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which may generate a revenue for Poor & Pretty when a purchase is made. You can read more about my affiliate link policies here.