I wanted to break up my road trip updates a bit with a quick & easy beauty tutorial. This isn’t your standard chemical facial peel. It won’t give your skin second-degree burns or make you look like Lucille Bluth. Lemon juice acts as a natural “peel” because it removes dead skin cells, leaving your skin smooth and refreshed, but also more exposed. As such, I don’t recommend using this right before heading to the beach. And because of the combination of lemon and baking soda, it may burn sensitive skin. Please test on a small patch of your skin before spreading it all over your face.
Ingredients/Supplies — this makes 2-3 uses:
- juice from half a lemon
- 2 tbs baking soda
- ½ tbs honey
- a glass jar (if you are storing leftovers — remember, lemon is acidic!)
1. Mix all of your ingredients together. Tip: If you mix the honey and baking soda together first, it won’t fizz as much when you add in the lemon juice.
2. Wash your face as you normally would with your chosen face wash, then pat dry.
3. Apply your lemon and honey peel liberally, and rub in gently with fingertips for about 30 seconds.
4. Let sit for up to 10 minutes.
5. Rinse off and follow with astringent or toner and your favorite moisturizer. Use moisturizer with SPF in it if you’re going to spend a lot of time in the sun after you use this peel.