To celebrate Poor & Pretty’s blogiversary, I’m taking a look back at my favorite posts of the last five years. I’ve already shared posts from 2009, 2010, and 2011. Here are my favorite Poor & Pretty moments of 2012 and 2013:
1. Sweet Scrabble Surprise. Sometimes, the best moments are the little, unexpected ones. After playing Scrabble during a power outage, Stan left me a cute message on our Scrabble board before going to work. I love him. ♥
2. Poor & Pretty on Better Connecticut. I appeared on Better Connecticut twice in 2012! First, just before Valentine’s Day, to introduce my cupcake soaps to the community, and then again before Christmas. Sadly, I can’t find the videos online anymore.
3. DIY Curtain Holdback. After moving into a new apartment in May, I shared a simple renter-safe way to hold back your curtains without damaging your walls.
4. 1920s Murder Mystery Birthday Party. I had so much fun at my “immortal” murder mystery birthday party, I decided to do it again! This time, the theme was 1920s/speakeasy. I wore a fantastic dress that I found on Etsy. Check out all of my photos and tips for hosting your own murder mystery party (plus a video of Suzi and I singing “All That Jazz” from Chicago) here.
5. DIY Confetti Manicure. My confetti obsession goes way back. How fun is this confetti manicure? I may have to do this again for the holidays…
6. DIY Lavender & Epsom Salt Bath Soak. Here’s a great way to upcycle an old pair of stockings and have a relaxing bath!
7. BUST Craftacular at Maker Faire. Because of you and my successfully funded Kickstarter campaign, I was able to vend at the BUST Craftacular within the World Maker Faire in Queens!!! It was such an amazing experience. I couldn’t have done it without your support, and Stan (who came with me!), my new friend/co-worker Dave (who helped me screen print a bunch of tote bags and t-shirt), and my friends & family who helped me prepare for the event.
8. DIY Salt Dough Ornaments. In December, Suzi, Scarlett, and I made a few salt dough ornaments to hang up on our trees and give as gifts to Scarlett’s teachers. I still have them hanging on my tree!
1. DIY Confetti Wall. This was another brilliant apartment hack. I couldn’t paint the walls, so I stuck colorful dots all over instead!
2. Jensen Oscar Night. Never missing a chance to get dressed up, I put on my senior prom dress and joined my beautifully- and weirdly-dressed family members in an Oscar Night party hosted by my cousin Rick.
3. DIY Vanilla Coconut Sugar Scrub. This remains one of my most popular-ever DIY beauty posts, and it’s no secret why: this scrub smells amazing and works wonderfully too! You should also try out my Oat & Cornmeal Exfoliating Facial Scrub and Mask.
4. My Mexican Adventure. In June, my Dad took Suzi, Scarlett, and I to Akumal on the Mayan Riveria. We had lots of fun but also lots of mosquitos. Word to the wise: Go to Mexico any time other than summer!
5. DIY Nautical Striped Nails. This is an easy DIY manicure I did for the 4th of July.
6. Lavender French Macarons. Successfully making French Macarons was kind of a big deal to me. Though I haven’t made them again since them. (They’re a real pain.)
7. Stamiversary Trip to Florida. In celebration of our five-year dating anniversary (Stamiversary), Stan and I spent a week in Florida, mostly for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It was magical!
8. Cuckoo for Coconut Cupcakes. All I can say about these is that they are incredible. If you love coconut, you should make these.