I never used to be a rose fan. I prefer gerbera daisies. ;) When I was working mainly with fragrances oils, I always thought rose scents were way too overpowering and sickeningly sweet. But now that I’m using essential oils and other ingredients derived from nature, I’ve found that I really, really like roses. Which is probably why I have four rose-themed products! They have some truly wonderful beauty benefits:
1. Balances skin. Rose clay, rose hip powder, and rosewater all possess powers to balance skin tone. That’s why I include these ingredients in my Rose Clay Facial Mask, Rose Himalayan Salt Scrub, and Rose + Tea Facial Toner.
2. Anti-aging. High in Vitamin C, carotene, and tannins, rose hip powder exfoliates and helps your skin cells regenerate to keep your skin smooth and healthy-looking. Rose clay improves the skin’s circulation and rosewater has long been used in anti-aging and anti-wrinkle beauty products. You’ll find both of these ingredients in my Rose Clay Facial Mask.
3. Prevents acne. Rosewater’s antibacterial properties ward off acne, which is one of the many reasons I love it in my Rose + Tea Facial Toner.
4. Deodorizing. It’s no surprise that rose essential oil is often used in perfumery, but did you know that rosewater’s deodorizing properties make it a great addition to natural deodorants? I love soaking up the lovely, light scent with my Rose Himalayan Bathing Salts.
5. Safe for sensitive skin. Because rosewater (also known as rose hydrosol) is obtained from essentially boiling rose petals into water, it contains no harsh chemicals or alcohols, and so is commonly used on its own as a toner or astringent for sensitive skin. It’s one of the chief ingredients in my Rose + Tea Facial Toner.
You can see why I use rose in various forms in my all-natural beauty goodies now, right? If you’re a rose lover as much as I am now, you might like these:
New in shop are my Rose + Tea Facial Toner and Rose Clay Facial Mask, but they’re already getting great reviews. One customer said of my toner, “It smells amazing…like fresh roses with a hint of tea. I recommend this toner and would definitely repurchase.” If you’re looking for something to buff away dead skin, try my Rose Himalayan Salt Scrub — available in 4oz or 8oz jars.
And let’s not forget about my Rose Himalayan Bathing Salts! Pour 1-2 tablespoons of this in your bath, and let Himalayan salt re-mineralize and soothe sore, achy muscles while Rose otto essential oil and powdered rose hips revitalize your skin.